VAT refund for Greenland, the Faroe Islands and Iceland
How do I get the VAT back when I live in Greenland and want to buy something from PlanteLys.dk?
When you shop at PlanteLys.dk or another Danish company, you have the option of getting the Danish VAT refunded. In order for you to be refunded the VAT, an agreement must first be made with Plant lights that they are happy to send the VAT back to you as a customer. The agreement must be concluded BEFORE you place an order on the webshop. At PlanteLys.dk, we are happy to make an agreement, as you must be able to import goods that are not so easy to obtain in Greenland.
When you shop and need a VAT refund, this happens in several steps:
- You make an agreement with Plantelys.dk that your order must have a VAT refund, this is done by contacting Plantelys.dk by email with an overview of your order, and get approval that a VAT refund can be made on your order.
- Next is the transaction itself, which takes place on the PlanteLys.dk webshop. Here you buy the item with VAT and shipping for delivery to a Danish address - in Denmark.
- When you receive the goods, you have the right to apply for a VAT refund. Here, a stamp from the recipient country's tax authorities stating that this has been approved must be given. You are responsible for this part yourself, and PlanteLys.dk is not involved, see more here VAT return Greenland.
- Now you can send the goods to Greenland, possibly together with the other contents. When you have arrived in Greenland, you take the goods and the invoice to the tax office and have it signed and stamped. If the items are very large, you can take a picture of them where you can can see from the windows that you are in Nuuk. Then you simply send the invoice back to Plantelys.dk so that we have proof that the goods have been delivered. We then transfer the VAT.
- In order for you to receive a VAT refund at PlanteLys.dk, the following must first be clarified.
- You must live and have an address in Greenland, the Faroe Islands or Iceland.
- You must ensure that your receipt is stamped by the authorities
- We need your registration and account number from your bank so we can send the money to you
- PlanteLys.dk must have at least 30 days to refund the money.
- All information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; here we confirm receipt of receipt.
Greenland is one of the few countries where VAT can be paid back on goods bought in a Danish shop or webshop. This is done by there before the purchase carried out, an agreement has been made between buyer and seller that this is possible.
When applying for a VAT refund, this must be resolved within 3 months from the date of purchase, so it is important that this is done. No amount can be refunded without a visible stamp on the invoice.
At the time of purchase, you must have made a Tax-free voucher and bring the goods with you on the journey. Then you can get the VAT refunded at the airport for a fee. However, you must be aware that you must be able to show a valid certificate of residence.
VAT-free delivery to Greenland and the Faroe Islands
If you buy goods on the plantelys.dk webshop, you have the option of having them delivered directly to an address in Greenland or the Faroe Islands with PostNord. Here, Plantelys.dk will automatically complete your purchase without VAT being settled on the order (VAT-free order).