Green Pea Seeds – 100% Organic plant seeds
Danish produced 100% organic green field peas for microgreens. These green peas are not chemically or heat treated.
Our organic green peas of the variety Ingrid (field peas) is carefully selected from sustainable and responsible sources to ensure the highest quality and purity. Peas are grown without the use of chemical pesticides or artificial fertilizers, which gives you a natural, healthy and environmentally friendly food experience.
Taste and application possibilities
Grown as microgreens, organic peas deliver an inviting fresh, sweet and slightly nutty flavor. Their flavor profile is more subdued than their full-grown counterparts, making them an excellent ingredient in a wide variety of dishes. Pea microgreens are very versatile and can be used in countless ways. With their fine, sweet taste and crunchy texture, they are an excellent addition to salads, where they add both color and freshness. Pea shoots can also work as a tasty topping on sandwiches, in wraps, or even as a garnish for hot dishes. In addition to their delicious taste, their deep green color adds visual appeal to any meal. Plus, they're nutritious, full of vitamins and minerals, making them a healthy choice to boost your nutrition.
How to grow green peas as eco microgreens
Growing pea shoots is a simple and quick process. Follow these steps to grow your own healthy pea shoots:
- Choose a suitable container to grow your pea shoots in, for example a lichen sprout hill with drainage holes in the bottom and a tray.
- Fill the container with coconut flour.
- Soak your pea seeds in water for about 8-12 hours to soften them and speed up germination.
- Spread the pre-soaked pea seeds evenly over the surface of the soil, making sure they do not overlap.
- Cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil.
- Water the soil gently so that it is moist but not waterlogged.
- Place the tray in a place with moderate light and a stable temperature (around 18-22 degrees Celsius).
- Keep the soil constantly moist by watering lightly, or use a cover.
- After approximately 8-14 days, your peas should have sprouted into healthy pea shoots.
- Harvest your pea shoots by cutting them near the soil surface with clean shears.
- When growing as a microgreen, you can harvest several times, as the plant grows back after harvesting, remember to add liquid BIG A+B liquid fertilizer to increase yield.
Read more about cultivation of pea shoots
The long and fascinating history of green peas can be traced back to the Middle East and Asia. Originally cultivated as shell peas, these plants have been a culinary delight since the 17th century. Known for their beauty and richness of juicy peas, green peas are perfect for both fresh consumption and canning. Thriving in a wide range of climates and soil types, this hardy plant requires minimal maintenance, making it an ideal choice for both beginners and experienced gardeners.
Tested and certified organic seeds
We sell seeds that have been tested for the following harmful bacteria:
- Bacillus cereus
- Salmonella spp.
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Verotoxin-producing E. coli
Certified sale of organic seeds
We are certified by the Danish Agency for Agriculture to sell organic seeds