Clonex® Mist – spray for cuttings
A revolutionary product designed to make cloning and cutting propagation easier and more successful. Clonex Mist is a well-established product developed specifically to make cloning even more successful. It comes in a spray bottle, making it easy to use, ensuring consistent results every time, fast root generation and strong, healthy plants.
Experiments have shown…
Independent experiments carried out by Dr. Lynette Morgan from Suntec Laboratory in New Zealand on Ficus and Dianthus showed that root development was up to 10 days faster, with 30% longer roots and up to 156% more roots using Clonex Mist compared to just using water to spray the cuttings.
CLONEX Mist is easy to use and creates faster, more robust and healthy clones.
For best results, it is recommended to use CLONEX Rooting Gel and Root Riot formulation blocks. All your cuttings will benefit from being placed in a sprout box with adjustable ventilation.
Instructions for use - cuttings
- Choose a healthy plant with strong growing tips. If possible, the growing tips can be sprayed with Clonex Mist once or twice a week before taking the cuttings.
- Use a sharp clean blade, such as a scalpel, to make a diagonal cut in the stem – just below a leaf node.
- Use sharp scissors to trim some of the larger leaves so that only two or three leaves remain on the cutting.
- If Clonex Rooting Gel is available, dip the cutting directly into the gel.
- Insert the cutting immediately coconut soil mixture, which should be moistened before use.
- Spray the new cuttings with Clonex Mist and place them in a sprouting box.
- After 2-3 days, spray the cuttings again with Clonex Mist
- Check the new roots after a few days – continue spraying until the plant is established after potting.
- If planting in soil, carefully place the soil around the roots to avoid damaging them.
TIP: Repeat this spray every 2-3 days or when the cuttings look dry.
What is Clonex Mist used for?
Clonex Mist is designed to work in conjunction with a Root Gel to produce vigorous healthy cuttings with strong roots. It is used to spray cuttings at regular intervals during the rooting process. Clonex Mist contains no hormones and is completely safe and non-toxic.